The IKA provides a free, comprehensive and confidential counselling service for those diagnosed with kidney disease, their family members and carers.
The IKA is a national organisation and requests for counselling are received from all over the country. A structure is in place that allows for referral either to the IKA counsellor based at Donor House inwest Dublin or if requested and appropriate a referral can be arranged to a counsellor based in the person’s local area. These counsellors are accredited with their professional body.
Who can access the counselling service?
- The counselling service is open to all those diagnosed with kidney disease, their family and carers.
- Any individual can refer themselves to the counselling service.
- With the person’s permission, nursing, medical or allied professionals, can also refer people for counselling.
How is the counselling service delivered?
- Through the IKA counsellor for those who can attend at Donor House in Parkwest Dublin 12.
- Through a network of nationally registered locally based counsellors
How to access the counselling service:
Mike Kelly at Donor House,
Donor House, Block 43A,
Park West, Dublin 12
Phone LoCall: 1890- 543639