What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. This allows the website to ‘remember’ your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies but users can set their browsers to decline them. Users can delete cookies whenever they like.
How cookies are used on websites
The two main high-level uses of cookies are:
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
- Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used as part of the registration process for financial security purposes. A session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser, or after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
This website uses both.
We use our own cookies to recognize you when you visit our website. This means that you don’t have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings.
Cookie names: cf*
These cookies enable Google Analytics to help us analyse basic visitor information such as visitor numbers, pages viewed, browser type and response to marketing activity. This helps us to improve our website and your experience. This information is confidential to Finance Company of Ireland Ltd and Google.
Cookie names:__utm*, _ga, _gat
Our website may use Google Analytics in order to assist us with ongoing maintenance and review, assessment and redevelopment of our website. The most common Google Analytics Cookies are:
Data that may be logged
As stated above, some technical details in connection with visits to this website may be logged by our internet service provider for statistical purposes. Such technical details are confined to the following list:
- The IP address of a visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (e.g. .com, .org, etc.)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
- Google analytics that show the traffic of visitors around this website (e.g. pages accessed or documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser and operating system used by the visitor to the website.
The Company uses the above technical data and or cookies to:
- Recognise when a website user moves between pages of the company’s website. This can be used to speed up access to the website as visitors may not have to log every time they use the website (if applicable).
- Carry our research and statistical analysis to help improve website content and to help the company to better understand visitor requirements and interests.
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns by more effectively by providing interest-based content on the website.
- Make the website user’s online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
The company does not collect individual identifiable data unless a website user volunteers to provide such personal data.
Your browser allows you the option of choosing whether you wish to accept cookies or not.
Different browsers make different controls available to you, below are links to the most popular manufacturers’ instructions on how to accept or reject cookies. Generally, your browser will allow you the option to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all material times or those cookies relating to specific websites or third party cookies. For informational purposes, the following list of links to the most commonly used browsers are provided without any warranty or representation as to the truthfulness, veracity or relevance of contents therein:
Some cookies that have been set on our website may not be related to the company. As such, the company has no control over the use of any content embedded in a company webpage that is provided by a third party, e.g. a Facebook like button, LinkedIn widget, YouTube video, Google+ button, etc.
By interacting with content embedded in the company website that is provided by a third party (e.g. Facebook, Linked In, YouTube, etc.) you acknowledge that the company has no control of any privacy or cookie practices or procedures, or lack thereof, of any relevant third parties. The company does not control the use of any cookies by any relevant third party and cannot access them. Such cookies can only be accessed by the parties who originally set them.
The Irish Kidney Association CLG
Or email email@example.com